Ten Things I Want Every Survivor of Abuse to Know
1. You are older, wiser, stronger and safer now.
2. Forgiveness is a path you must eventually travel down.
3. As it says in Mathew 18:10 – God was aware of your abuse.
4. The person who abused you does not represent others in your life today.
5. Grief work is a huge part of abuse recovery.
6. If you have a tendency to become an abuser, although it would seem to be unlikely, it’s a sign that further work is needed.
7. It was not your fault in any way.
8. Turn things around as soon as you can so you can help others (but see number 9)
9. Give yourself plenty of time to heal.
10. You are not damaged goods. You are pure and clean in the eyes of God.
Bonus Point: We love you here at New Life.