Things that go bump in the night, an overbearing boss, or anxiety filled days–all of these and more affect the way we think and act. Sometimes we are frozen in our fears and don’t realize it. Fear is something we live with unknowingly, yet it can be a motivator in our relationships, work, and our life with Christ.
Fear and anxiety can lock us into beliefs that support our fears and anxiety. Codependent relationships, dead end jobs, and destructive habits all participate in the cycle of fear and anxiety. Are you recognizing fear and anxiety that is present in your life? What can you do?
Here are 7 ways to begin addressing the fear and anxiety in your life:
1. Eat well balanced, nutritious meals. Eliminate harmful substances.
2. Learn mind body techniques to help relax and reduce stress response.
3. Get enough sleep, rest, and relaxation.
4. Develop a relationship with God. Practice prayer and Christian meditation.
5. Exercise regularly. At least 30-45 minutes of exercise a day.
6. Counteract negative self talk and mistaken beliefs with positive reality and God’s Word.
7. Connect with other people in meaningful relationships, sharing life, love, laughter and serving one another.
Begin addressing your fear today by asking God to help you! Surrender your fear and anxiety to him, begin one of the steps above, and do not let fear or anxiety take one more day of your life!
Need some help? Join us at our next Healing is a Choice Workshop.