What’s it mean to do good by your wife? And how might you, as a husband, go about doing it? You might come up with things like laying a new bathroom floor, shoveling the car out after a snow storm, or taking out the garbage on time. These are fine and good, and we like them because they keep us in our comfort zone.
But what about providing your wife with spiritual leadership and stability? Now that’s doing her good’in fact, it’s the best you could do for her. Yet it’s also a scary proposition for many husbands. You might not even know where to start.
Here are five suggestions to set the spiritual thermostat in your house:
1) Develop a knowledge of God’s word. This is a must.
2) As you learn about God, begin to submit yourself to Him more and more.
3) Be consistent in your prayer and devotional life. Your consistency will instill your wife’s confidence in you.
4) Go to church and worship with your wife. Your wife will benefit greatly from watching you worship and worshipping with you.
5) Be quick to forgive and to seek her forgiveness when you need it. Your honesty and humility will speak volumes to her.
Men, you will bless your wife by leading her. If you do it tenderly and wisely, and by example, she’ll follow.