Wow….thanks to everyone who posted their comments. Their were some fantastic and heartfelt posts. I wanted to provide a quick summary of the suggestions and what worked/helped-
- The distinction between helping husbands understand the difference between being “told what to do” versus being asked to “protect my heart”.
- Locking down phone, tv, internet
- Answering any and all of a wife’s questions about sexual behaviors, past and present with honesty, promptness and without defensiveness.
- Attending support group / Accountability meetings
- Prayer & Scripture
- Focusing & dwelling on the goodness of God. This is especially important because it contradicts the addiction, which is fueled by discontent and searching for greener grass.
- Perseverance – several of the comments indicated the ongoing work years into the recovery process. This isn’t a sprint; it’s a marathon. For some of us, and ultra-marathon!
- Service – beginning to serve others rather ourselves.
- Attending EMB!
- Taking full responsibility for the devastation our actions have caused.
- Staying engaged emotionally when the conversations get difficult.
I can say, having lived it, that these things are spot on. If we will strive to do and engage in all these things, trust will begin to return.
Thanks again to all who posted!
After randomly drawing names from a hat the winners are……
TNT & Brion