If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. – 2 Chronicles 7:14
If life were like the movies, you’d expect the following:
- The ventilation system of any building would be the perfect hiding place.
- The Eiffel Tower could be seen from any window in Paris.
- A man would show no pain while taking the most ferocious beating, but wince in pain when a woman tries to clean his wounds.
- It wouldn’t be necessary to say hello or good-bye when beginning or ending phone conversations.
- It wouldn’t matter if you’re heavily outnumbered in a fight; your enemies would patiently wait to attack you one-by-one by dancing around in a threatening manner until you’ve knocked out their predecessors.
Life, however, isn’t like the movies. There are all sorts of unexpected, non-cliche’ turns in real life. Therefore, we must continually seek after and grow in wisdom, the kind God happily gives when we ask.
– Steve Arterburn
If ye keep watch over your hearts, and listen for the voice of God and learn of him, in one short hour ye can learn more from him than ye could learn from man in a thousand years. – Johannes Tauler