- After disclosing my sex addiction, how do I help my wife feel safe and heal?
- Is it ever OK to masturbate?
- My 18yo son feels worthless because his father and stepfather were not good role models.
- How do I respond to my ex-husband marrying a woman who devalues me in front of our kids?
Here are the 3 Steps Dr. Sheri Keffer mentioned on “How to Create a Safe Place“:
- Be honest and truthful at all costs.
- Authenticity. Be ok with your brokenness.
- Ask you spouse, “Honey, what do you need from me today to feel safe?.” Then listen.
Practice these steps on a near daily basis.
This is the Healing is a Choice testimony Dr. Townsend read on the radio today:
Before this Healing Is a Choice weekend, I was overwhelmed, feeling hopeless and experiencing tremendous grief. This was negatively impacting my physical well-being and spiraling me into depression. Life as a people pleaser wasn’t working for me. This weekend has been freeing. I feel the weight of all my grief listing and my hope has been restored as I now understand how reframing my life is crucial. The enemy is a liar and I no longer believe that I am insufficient and unworthy of being loved. I am leaving with purpose and conviction – surrendered and no longer broken and in despair. I gained new sisters in Christ who demonstrated love and encouraged me in prayer. I feel accepted and blessed. – Lorna