31 Affirmations to Take Your Life Back
- Seeing: I will reject distortions and manipulations of the truth. I choose to see others as they really are and to see myself as I really am.
- Surrendering: I will resist the urge to take control. I choose to surrender to God and His wisdom.
- Feeling: I refuse to numb myself. I choose to honor my feelings and what I can learn from them.
- Believing: I reject crippling doubt. I choose to believe that God is real and that He cares for me.
- Healing: I will allow nothing and no one to take control over me. I surrender to the healing power of the Holy Spirit.
- Choosing: I refuse to believe the lie that I am stuck forever. I exercise my freedom to choose to do the next right thing.
- Searching: I reject distortion and manipulation. I search for wisdom and truth from God to guide me in all I do.
- Connecting: I reject isolation, detachment and darkness. I choose to connect with God and others and to walk in the light.
- Belonging: I no longer feel rejected or abandoned. I recognize that I am included, and I belong to God and to God’s people.
- Receiving: I am no longer bound by the demands and neediness of others. I receive from God and from others.
- Agreeing: I renounce half-truths, shame and toxic distortions of reality. I agree with truth and everything that brings life.
- Reflecting: I am no longer fearful of quiet and stillness. I choose to reflect on my life and learn from my experiences.
- Stabilizing: I avoid the chaos that accompanies sickness. I choose stability.
- Learning: I will live beyond the immediate urges and impulsive drives. I choose opportunities to learn and grow.
- Building: I am no longer falling apart. I choose to build up others and myself in body, mind and spirit.
- Growing: I can tolerate discomfort. I choose to grow in my relationships with God, other people and myself.
- Integrating: I no longer accommodate splintered pieces of myself. I choose to integrate all of who I am to become a healthy, whole and functioning individual.
- Forgiving: I no longer harbor bitterness and resentment. I choose freely to forgive others.
- Resolving: I no longer flee from conflict or avoid confrontation. I choose to resolve issues with others to promote peace, reconciliation and healing.
- Restoring: I no longer steal freedom from others or allow them to steal mine. I choose to restore what has been lost.
- Reaching: I no longer wait for others to notice or validate me. I am reaching out to others when in need.
- Sharing: I no longer hoard possessions, talent or time. I choose to share gracefully all that I have been given from God.
- Serving: I am no longer enslaved to serve others under compulsion. I choose to serve with gratitude because God has called me to do it.
- Giving: I no longer rob others of their time, confidence or reputation. I choose to give from the abundance I have been given.
- Leading: I no longer allow others to determine my course. I choose to stand up and lead others to a new way of living.
- Providing: I no longer take whatever I can get from others. I provide others with time, attention, encouragement, affirmation and respect.
- Utilizing: I am no longer afraid to ask for help. I reap the benefits of the resources that enrich my life.
- Comforting: I am no longer the victim of another’s neglect or cruelty. I take time to receive and experience comfort from God, others and myself.
- Experiencing: I am no longer bullied by distractions and obsessions. I choose to experience being fully present wherever I am.
- Protecting: I avoid dangerous people and places. I protect the gains I have made by investing in those who help me stay grounded in reality.
- Persevering: I am no longer a victim of my past. I persevere through difficult times to experience the blessings God has for me and for those I love.
Click here to download the PDF version.